The 31st NYSTEA Educators’ Conference
will be JULY 17-19, 2015
in Ithaca, NY
Welcome to the New York State Theatre Education Association!
Our mission is:
A strong, statewide organization to advocate for Drama/Theatre Education in New York State, NYSTEA promotes and supports theatre education in grades K-12 for the betterment of youth and theatre itself.
NYSTEA believes theatre is an essential part of a K-12 education for all students, developing abilities needed for the 21st century such as:
- Creativity & innovation
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Communication & collaboration
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Initiative & self-direction
- Productivity & responsibility
- Cross-cultural skills
- Social responsibility